Sunday, September 9, 2012

Girl, Stolen by April Henry

This is the cover I had.
Image Source
This is the more common cover.
Image Source
Goodreads Description

My Rating: 4 stars


First off, I'd like to say that this book was highly addictive. I couldn't put it down and I stayed up half the night to finish it. Someone actually picked it up for me at the library and was like, "You should read this." When I looked at the cover and description I was like, "Ehhhhhh..." Once I started reading it though, it was actually pretty good.

Okay, since last time we ended on kind of a bad note, I wanted to get the bad things out of the way first. Don't worry, it's minor, and it's only one little thing. The one thing that annoyed me about this book was the romance. From the beginning, the fact that there was going to be a romance between two of the main characters was painstakingly obvious. In fact, during the time I was reading this book, people would ask me about the book that I was reading. I would tell them and while explaining what the book's about, I would say, "I bet these two characters are going to have a romance together." In a way, I was right.

Well maybe I do have one more minor little thing. It kind of annoyed me that the book kind of ended in a cliff hanger. I know, I know. A good author ends a book in a cliff hanger to keep readers wanting more. I can't stand cliff hangers though, unless it's a book in a series, and I'm pretty sure that this book does not belong to a series. So...urgh!

Other than those two little things, the book was very well written. The author painted the characters beautifully and you felt close to them, as if you were good friends with them and knew all their secrets. Like I said, it was one of those books that you just wanted to keep reading.

Another thing I really enjoyed about this book was it's foreshadowing chapters. Each chapter would have a chapter title relating to that chapter. (Okay maybe most books have this, but for some reason it really stood out to me this one.) If I happened to glance at the chapter name, sometimes I would predict what would happen in that chapter. I was always wrong.

One of my favorite things about this book was it's little mini plot twists. Something would happen and I wouldn't see it coming at all. I can't give you examples because I don't want to spoil it for you, so I guess you'll just have to read the book. :)

I have one more thing that I would like to say about this book. It went right into the story, skipping the exposition. The exposition was throughout the book. (Sorry, that was really short, but I had to get it in. I didn't want this post to look extremely intimidating.)

Do you agree with me? Do you disagree with me? If you haven't read this book before, will you now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love seeing them and I respond to every single one so check back often! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...