Monday, October 15, 2012

Emily's House Release Day Party!



Today is the day Emily's Trial comes out! Woohoo! Yeah, I know. I only gave Emily's House three trees, but I always celebrate a new book coming into the world. I am also interested to see how the series plays out. Emily's House was strangely addictive. Below is the cover art for Emily's Trial. It's a lot less dark than the first book. Me like.

 

Here is an excerpt from the book. It's the first chapter. I enjoy it very much. :)

"The Apocalypse didn't start with four horsemen, harbingers of the horror to come. It didn't start with a plague, or pestilence, or even zombies rising from the dead.
It came slowly, and without warning. It crept up on people in the shadows, no more than a vague darkness that spread like an unseen cancer.
And it wasn't set into action by a divine hand. A teenage girl was the catalyst for the End Times.
I should know. I'm the one that started it.
I didn't plan to, of course. I had no desire to start the End Times, and I'm not evil.
Madame Wong taught me to tell the truth, and so here it is. I'm the one responsible for the Apocalypse. And this is the story of how I unwittingly unlocked the door to the darkness; of how a Priestess of the Order of Brighid, entrusted with powerful magic that was supposed to be used for the benefit of all humankind, unleashed a force that would destroy it instead.
And it all began with desire."

Author Bio

 



Natalie is the author of The Akasha Chronicles, a young adult fantasy trilogy. When not writing, blogging, Facebooking, Tweeting, Wattpadding or eating chocolate, Natalie nurtures her young daughter, feeds her dog too many treats, and can’t resist watching Ancient Aliens, no matter how absurd the show becomes.

Natalie enjoys travel, good wine, and excellent food shared with family and friends. She was raised an Ohio farm girl, now lives in the desert Southwest, and dreams of living in a high rise in a big city.

“Books are my friends, ideas my passion.”

Natalie enjoys chatting with readers, so stop by and say hi:

Twitter: @NatalieWright_
Facebook: NatalieWright.Author
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/468945.Natalie_Wright
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/WritesKidsBooks
Wattpad: http://www.wattpad.com/user/NatalieWright_
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/natwrites/

Trailer


 

Personally I'm not the biggest fan of the trailer, but that's just me.

 Also guess what? THERE'S A GIVEAWAY! You know how everyone loves giveaways. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining the party! And I appreciate your comments - Tell me what you think about the trailer for Emily's Trial - you can see it here: http://youtu.be/qMw7boPnIIE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I didn't really like the second trailer either. It doesn't really give me much of a feel for the book. The music doesn't really fit with the pictures too. From what I've seen though, the next book looks good.

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love seeing them and I respond to every single one so check back often! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...