Friday, October 12, 2012

Starters by Lissa Price (Guest Post by GlitterGirl)

Hello, Sittin' Under the Oak Tree blog followers! I am so happy to be a guest-blogger for this book blog!

So my first book review will be...



Starters by Lissa Price 


Book Description from Amazon

In the future, teens rent their bodies to seniors who want to be young again. One girl discovers her renter plans to do more than party--her body will commit murder, if her mind can't stop it. Sixteen-year-old Callie lost her parents when the genocide spore wiped out everyone except those who were vaccinated first--the very young and very old. With no grandparents to claim Callie and her little brother, they go on the run, living as squatters, and fighting off unclaimed renegades who would kill for a cookie. Hope comes via Prime Destinations, run by a mysterious figure known only as The Old Man. He hires teens to rent their bodies to seniors, known as enders, who get to be young again. Callie's neurochip malfunctions and she wakes up in the life of her rich renter, living in her mansion, driving her cars, even dating Blake, the grandson of a senator. It's a fairy-tale new life . . . until she uncovers the Body Bank's horrible plan. . . .


My thoughts on this book...

First off my thoughts were "This book is really strange. Renting bodies? What???" but upon reading further I really got into the Callie's story and struggles. Callie as a character is very relatable and her choices and thoughts felt very real. Once you get used to the idea of renting bodies, the story line really takes off. 

Blake. Swoon. I really liked Blake. He was so thoughtful and kind to Callie. The author kind of tried to set up a love triangle with Blake, Callie, and Michael, but this seemed to fall a little flat to me, with one choice (*cough Blake *cough *cough) being sooo much better. But everyone can had their own opinion...

There are so many twists and turns in this novel and many of them are completely unexpected which can be sort of rare in YA books. I would recommend this book to anyone, especially those who enjoy dystopian books. 

SO my final rating of this book is...drumroll please....

4 out of 5 stars 


Happy Reading!

2 comments:

  1. I have seen this book around and wasn't sure how I felt about it, but just read your review and put it on my TBR list. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love seeing them and I respond to every single one so check back often! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...