Saturday, January 5, 2013

Independence by Shelly Crane

Synopsis (from Goodreads):

In the fourth and final installment, Maggie and Caleb must tie up all the loose ends of their lives and make a way to be together completely on their own. With everything that happened with Bish and Maggie's father, she's almost reluctant to move on and move out. And now she must figure out all of this...stuff...with Haddock. But of course, nothing can stay simple for the Jacobsons. Enemies who were thought to be dissolved have decided to not go down so easily. And old flames come calling for more than just Maggie. Caleb is torn between leading his family and personal wants. Maggie is torn between Caleb and being the leader of their people. But neither will let what they need most to be pushed to the wayside. They are determined to make it all work, design a plan toward destiny, and make everything right again for themselves and their family.

And then there's a wedding...

Review:

Before I write this review, you have to know the story about how I got this book. Or you could just skip this paragraph. Anyways, a few days before the book is supposed to come out, I wake up to my phone going off multiple times. Again and again and again. I grudgingly pick my phone up to see who it is. My best friend, who actually introduced me to this and guest posts on here sometimes under the name Glittergirl, had sent me a bunch of Facebook messages about how Independence had come out early. Well that got me out of bed. I was upstairs and on my computer ordering it in a flash. I barely bothered to look at the price. That's how excited I was about it.

If you bothered to read the long paragraph about me buying this book, you would be able to see how excited I was to read it. I was not disappointed. This book was everything I wanted it to be and more. It just reminded me once again how amazing an author Shelly Crane is. She reminds me why I love to read so much.

One of the things I loved the most about this book was the romance. You watch how Maggie and Caleb act together and you just want to go, "Awwwwww!" They're not sickly sweet, mushy, gooshy either. They tease each other and talk to each other. When I look at them (or read about them I should say), I think that they're the perfect couple. Too bad nobody imprints in the real world... I'd love me a Caleb.

The thing I also REALLY loved about this book was this giant suspenseful moment that happened. It was absolutely amazing because I wanted to throw my Kindle at the wall at first, but then I kept reading... and just... OMG!!! I'm sorry. I'm going so fangirl on this post. I just love these books so much. I should probably stop now. Otherwise I might scare you guys away. :)

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love seeing them and I respond to every single one so check back often! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...