Saturday, February 23, 2013

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl



Synopsis (from Goodreads): Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.


Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.

Review:

I'm not really sure how to review this book because it was just one of those books that was neutral. There wasn't anything bad about it, but nothing was like WOAH! It was well written and it kept me reading, but I was never like OH MY GOODNESS I JUST HAVE TO KEEP READING UNTIL I FINISH (I apologize to the people who don't like all caps).

I honestly am not really sure what to say anymore, so lets get two things straight:
1. Pretty good storyline, but I was not jumping out of my seat to try to finish it.
2. The ending was not what I was expecting. Which I like. But it was also an ending that was made to be part of a series. Which I don't like.

Also, the movie doesn't look good. It doesn't look like the book. I mean they could at least get the hair colors and accents right. Maybe I'll just see Safe Haven instead...

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love seeing them and I respond to every single one so check back often! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...