Monday, June 17, 2013

Dying for a Chance by Amy H. Allworden



Synopsis (from Goodreads): Twenty something underachiever Samantha Tern never asked much out of life. A string of unsuccessful foster homes and deflated dreams had convinced her that she was not meant for an amazing future. Still, it came as something of a shock when her car was smashed on the way to her biggest interview yet. 

Without the skills to pull herself through the long recovery, Samantha knows that she will never be able to walk again. That's when she meets Nic, the mischievous 19 year old athlete trapped in a wheelchair who thinks that everything in life is a game. Nic's easy going attitude and humor give her a new look at life. But can his muscled arms and intense charm work their way into her heart once she realizes that he's a ghost? 

Samantha must learn to find the strong, confidant person she was meant to be and with Nic's help she just might have a chance. But first, they have to battle risky surgery as well as a pair of hospital staff who decide to put an end to her “ghost fantasy” once and for all. In the painful aftermath, Samantha realizes that life has cheated her once again and she doesn't know if she has the strength to pull herself back together. 

Can Nic fight his way back to be with her one more time?

Review: I'm sorry. I just could not finish this book. Wasn't going to happen. I made an effort. I really did. I got about 40% through the book and I just stopped reading. Nothing was happening. I, the reader, was a little confused about what was going on and was not engaged, right at the moment where I should have been.

First of all, I totally saw the ghost thing coming and if you have ready anything from my blog before, you would know that I really do not like predictable books. It just irks me. The author will drop one too many clues and I will sit there thinking, "How can the character not see what is happening? How can she not see this?"

The thing that really made me put down the book though was the fact that nothing was really happening even though I was over a third of the way through the book. I was not engaged anymore. I think I have just gotten so sick of reading bad free Kindle books that I just have a limit. I am not going to waste my time with books that I don't like.

Has anyone finished this book though? How is the ending? Cause the ending is usually the best part. Happy reading and I hope everyone has an amazing week!

Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog! I love seeing them and I respond to every single one so check back often! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...